Recapturing Food Waste

Global edible food waste in 2007 was estimated to be 1.3 gigatons (FAO). In Singapore, we generated 790,000 tonnes of food waste in 2016, and only 13% of food waste is recycled into animal feeds and organic fertilisers, while the remaining 87% of food waste is incinerated (MEWR). To promote greater environmental awareness and effect behavioral change towards more environmentally sustainable habits, the team worked with Nanhua High School (NHHS) through a sustainability mentorship programme. The project focused on increasing general awareness of food waste reduction in NHHS and mentored the student leaders so that similar projects in the future can be sustained.

AY2018/2019

AY2017/2018

AY2016/2017

AY2015/2016

AY2014/2015

AY2013/2014

AY2012/2013

AY2011/2012